In scientific terms, a facelift is known as rhytidectomy. To gain a better facial appearance, this type of cosmetic surgeries is performed. Such surgery procedure can give the user a youthful look. However, it does not take place in just one step. There are numerous surgical techniques and exercises which the user should consider carefully.
- Tightens facial muscles
- Repairs loose skin
- Improves skin tone
- Provides youthful glow
- Makes the face look beautiful and attractive
- Provides fresh, energised and active face
- Removes folds, wrinkles and deep ceases under the eye
There are plenty of procedures through which facelift surgery can be performed. Mainly these procedures are divided on the basic of-
- The type of incision
- The invasiveness
- The area of the face to be treated
The surgeon performs several kinds of facelift procedure but chooses the technically suitable one consulting with the patient taking in account factors like-
- Patients desires
- Patients age
- Possible recovery time
- Areas to be improved
Traditional Face lift
The procedure followed in this surgical process is illustrated below-
- The surgeon starts to perform this procedure by making an incision in front of the ear. In operations and surgical procedures, when a cut is made through the soft tissue and through the skin, we say an incision is made. Patients need not to worry much about the safety measures as the cut is made as small and unobtrusive as possible.
- He then curves the incision around the bottom of the ear followed by curving it behind the bottom. Moreover, it gets extended up to the hairline that is, on the backside of the neck.
- After this, scissors and scalpel are used to separate the cut skin over skin and neck from the tissues adhered deep.
- The undermining, that is separation is done to access to deeper tissues. These tissues are then tightened. Surgeons can also remove some deeper tissues in case they are in excess.
- The skin is then redraped
- The surgeon decides and then removes the amount of excess skin to be removed.
- The incisions made are then closed using sutures and staples.
To keep the patient away from pain or other problem, they are provided with general anaesthesia. In some cases, the surgery is performed under deep twilight sleep.
Benefit of Exercising
With exercise routines, users can tone their underlying facial muscles even without undergoing surgeries.
In 2011 the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery assigned statistics. According to it, the surgery of facelift is the sixth most popular surgery performed. Only a few procedure namely liposuction, breast augmentation, abdominoplasty, blepharoplasty and breast lift are ahead of this treatment in the race of popularity.